Monday, March 15, 2010

RIP Jack


Yesterday we got the call that we were both dreading. Jack had been found and he was dead. Before I left to come back to Grenada, Jack took off and we couldn't find him. Jack was a wanderer. He loved to go out an run everywhere and would disappear for no more than a day. He would always make it back when he got hungry. Everyone was on a look-out for him. Doc even called all the local authories that he knew to keep a lookout for Jack. Unfortunately no one had seen him. Thanks to all the girls at the clinic that kept an eye out for him too. I would have rather kept on not knowing what happened, that way I could keep imaging him being taken by another family. Jack apparently fell through the ice on the pond near the house and couldn't get out. It was a really cold night and had gotten down to 17 degrees. I hate that it was such a horrible way to go and I just hope that he went quickly and painless. I know we hadn't been there for him since coming down and me having Sophia but we really hated not being able to have him with us and having him move from home to home. So that makes me feel all the worse. He was always well taken care of and was well thought of. I just loved his spirit that he had and that he was always so loving. I loved that dog. Me and Ricky will miss that dog. He was great.




No comments: