Sunday, September 7, 2008

Updates and Our trip around the island

I know it has been awhile since I last wrote on here. I have been pretty busy getting last minute things done. Thanks to my Mom (three times) and my Aunt Beth, I was able to get the house packed and boxes shipped out to Grenada, where I am awaiting them now. Rick went down Aug 13 and me and his mom left Sept 1. So that left me alone with the rest of the packing and our two dogs. Sharon and I made it down here in Grenada flying with our two dogs who did excellent considering we left Dinwiddie at 6:50am and got here in Grenada at 9:30pm. No major problems this time, just minor inconveniences.




Since being back we have taken it pretty easy. One day we went to La Sagese and just relaxed and ate a nice meal. The day after that we went St. George's and to the mall and market. One night we went to The Aquarium. Had a couple of trips to the IGA (supermarket) and Spiceland Mall. Went to the craft market and to another small shopping center. Tonight we had a grilling night with Justin and had some grilled chicken and steak (for me), acorn squash (a first for Justin) and some corn. Tomorrow we might go to one of the resorts and then do dinner at Bel Air Plantation or someplace nice.





So this weekend Ricky, Sharon, me and the dogs transversed the island for the first time. On Saturday we went to Grand Etange rain forest and visited crater lake. We kinda hiked a little ways around the lake before we finally gave up. Probably not the best idea to go hiking around the mud in flip flops. We then continued our trip to Grenville and made our way back towards home. Sunday we went through Guyave up to Sauters and back down through Grenville and home. So now we have officially drove around the island.

Jack, Lily, Ricky and me in front of Crater Lake.

Profile of me at 15 weeks and 2 days. No hiding that I am prego.

Sharon striking a pose.

Ricky making sure he gets a picture of me slipping and about to fall on my ass. He thought it was way funny. Thankfully he didn't get a picture of me when I really did fall.


Losing a shoe in the mud. It was very sticky mud.


We got back just in time to go to Grand Anse Campus and get some Hills dog food. So far our order that we made last year of 300 pounds of wet and dry dog food hasn't made it to the island yet. Might be because of all of this weather that is going on all around us. They are releasing dry food to us until they get the shipment in but we were able to get a 25lb bag of Science Diet Nature's Best for 25EC which is less than 9.40 US. So it is so much cheaper than what dry dog food costs us in the store. Unfortunately until our order actually comes in we will still have to buy wet dog food. One large can of Alpo cost us 7.50 EC which is about 2.40 US. Terrible when you are used to getting Purina for .69 US a can.



The dogs are getting used to being here too. I think the biggest change is that they can't hang there heads out of the car unless only one of us are in it. The back windows are not the roll down type. It is hot here but they are not doing as bad as I though they would. Wishbone is being territorial somewhat with Jack but Jack that is starting to die down the longer they are here. Lily on the other hand is asserting her dominance over Goldy somewhat. She is also doing better too. She wants to play with Jack only. I think that they will be better when there stuff arrives too. Some real bowls to eat and drink out of instead of the three small pieces of Tupperware that they have. At first they were whining when we were gone but that is also getting better. When someone leaves or if they hear our car, Jack jumps up on a desk in the bedroom so he can look out the window and Lily jumps up on Ricky's chair onto his desk then onto the other desk where Jack is. All of this is kinda funny to watch. Lily has taken up to laying in front of the screen door in the living room now that she can see clearly out into the open like Jack used to do in front of the windows back home.



Finally congrats to Ashlee and Justin on the birth of their beautiful baby girl Rylee.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad to see you are enjoying yourself on the island again. I can't wait to see you again in December. Have a great time and be careful. Love you!

Justin & Ashlee said...

Thanks for the congrats. Justin says you are going for an ultrasound tomorrow. I am way excited to see what you are having. Good luck.