Monday, September 22, 2008

The First Feelings and Ultrasound

Yesterday I felt the baby move for the first time. I happened when I was 17 weeks and 3 days along. It was such a different feeling. I was laying on the couch watching a Harry Potter movie and doing needlepoint when all of a sudden I felt this movement that felt like a bunch of butterflies were in my lower abdomen. It is kinda hard to describe but I have felt it again today. It has been the coolest moment yet.

Last Thursday Rick and I went to St. George in hopes to find out the sex of our baby. We were pretty disappointed by the whole process. We got there about 9:30 am and the dr was supposed to be there at 10am. We were the second people in line and the dr finally got there about 40 mins after. We got in there and felt that the dr kinda just bounced all over the place and never really focused on one place very long. Head, foot, face, legs and so on and so on. So he was not certain of the sex of our baby. I don't think that he was really trying to find the sex anyways. He was able to take some measurements and the baby is still measuring about a week bigger than what it is supposed to be. Which is about the same thing we noticed when we were at our dr's apt back home. Everything is looking real good and we did get some more ultrasound pictures even though they are not that good. He estimated our due date to be Feb 24th. I told him that we knew our date of conception and he just said that I couldn't be sure that I could be off 2-3 weeks. So I was just like whatever. Also the entire time he kept telling Ricky that he probably knew more about this stuff than he did. All this came about from Ricky telling him that he was taking embryology right now in school and had used an ultrasound machine at the animal clinic back home. So we are not sure wither we are going to go back to him in a couple of weeks, wait till we come home in December, or if we will go to St. Andrew's. St. Andrew's is a place where I have found that most of the British people go to when they need to go to a dr or and ultrasound. So that has been the latest on the baby news.

1 comment:

My FAM said...

Hey girl! Was wondering if you've felt the baby move anymore?