Saturday, April 26, 2008

Things I have learned while living in Grenada

1. You have to set your sites real low. If you want a certain brand or specific type of food. Tough Shit.
2. Opossum's and iguana's are food for the locals.
3. Being married is not a deterrent to men around here. Neither is being pregnant and married.
4. Getting hit on no matter where you go.
5. Being hissed at, made kissy sounds at and "hey baby" are the way they try to get your attention if you are female.
6. That "I live in Grenada" is the answer for just about anything people are selling you.
7. Traffic problems are generally caused by goats or cows in the road.
8. The rest of the traffic problems are caused by dumb asses.
9. That I am able to drive on the wrong side of the road and on the wrong side of the car without having to think about it.
10. Beef is grass feed instead of corn feed.
11. Holiday's are vacations.
12. What a fanny pack is. If you don't know well it is probably better that you didn't.
13. That there is always a reason to party. Someones dies - party. Still dead 40 days later- another party.
14. That when a Grenadian tells you a time...it is an estimate by far. They mean that they will not be there before said stated time.
15. They are the slowest moving people I have ever met. But get them in a car then it is the Indy 500.

1 comment:

Justin & Ashlee said...

This is so true, but so funny! I was laughing all the way through it.