Tuesday, March 24, 2009

One Month





Where has the month gone. I have never seen a month just fly by. It is just so hard for me to imagine that just one month ago she was just arriving into our lives. So far we are doing pretty good. I am still kinda sore from my c-section and both Ricky and I are figuring out how to function on sleep deprivation. It is truly the hardest job to be a mom but by far the most rewarding. Tomorrow we go see the pediatrician for Sophia's one month check-up and I am excited to see how much she has grown. In this past month we have had a few outings. Since coming home we went to Maymont Park and saw the spring flowers and animals, out to eat at Outback Steakhouse for lunch with Daddy, fishing with Daddy and Grandpa, shopping with Grandma a few times, visited by Aunt Becca and Uncle Steve for the weekend, visited by her Godfather Drew and her God sisters Emma and Layla, and visited Carter and Terry (Ricky's other parents). So far Sophia is able to hold her head up, roll over on her sides from her back, starting to coo, found her hands, turns her head at familiar voices, very attentive and looks around at everything around her and smiles. She is keeping us guessing on what color her hair is going to be. Sometimes it looks dirty blond and other times it looks like strawberry blond. Both Ricky and I were blond babies. I was blond until I was 6 months old and Ricky was blond until about 3 years old.

Sophia at Maymont Park. Daddy picked her the flower.


Fishing with Daddy. She is so not happy about him catching that fish. Godfather Drew and God sisters Layla and Emma

Grandpa, Grandma, Daddy and Sophia. We all went for a walk yesterday afternoon.



Daddy and Sophia.





2 comments:

Justin & Ashlee said...

It is so good to hear from you. She is such a little doll. I hate to tell you this but the months just keep getting faster...so hold on and enjoy every second!! You'll have to give us a call on skype one night.

Anonymous said...

Your baby girl is absolutely precious, and soooo beautiful!! Congratulations!!! You three (well 4-5 if you count the dogs :) are a beautiful family!! So glad to see that Ricky figured out the carrying thing ... LOL. You guys will always be in our thoughts and prayers!!
Stephanie, Marcus, Zariah, & Cazper