Friday, July 18, 2008

So it has been awhile

Well I am now on vacation in Hatters, NC and have sometime to actually write about all that has been happening. Well a couple of weeks ago I announced to my family and his that we were pregnant. Everyone was really surprised that I had kept it a secret for so long. I had even kept it from Rick. I guess I just wanted to make completely sure before I told anyone.

I peed on the stick on June 18th and it was positive. Rick was already at work so I just continued with my day going to school and everything in disbelief. The next day I again peed on the stick and again it came back positive. So I was like ok so maybe I really am pregnant. On my way to school that morning I called my doctor and told him that two home pregnancy tests came back positive. He order a blood test for me to go to after I got out of school. So I went to the lab that afternoon and I continued to keep it to myself. I kept thinking that it was not going to come out positive. That no way was that going to happen to me. So on June 19th the doctor's office called me while I was on my to school and told me that I was definitely pregnant. I was so thrilled and started to think about how to tell people but struggled whether to tell anyone until I was through my first trimester. The next day I had another blood test done to make sure that the pregnancy was going good and to check my progesterone level. It doubled in two days so I finally was able to accept that I was pregnant.
That weekend we were going to my mom's to celebrate my Aunt Ann's B-day and Rick's parents were going to be there too. I figured that this would be the perfect time to tell everyone. I ended up going to Target and getting 2 I love Grandma bibs, a I love Grandpa bib and a I love Daddy bid. A couple of days earlier I went with Sharon to Macy's to pick up a gift for one of her friends daughter that had a baby a couple of months ago and ended up getting 2 girl oneies and 2 boy oneies. She had no idea that she would be seeing them soon and figured that I was getting them for a friend.

That Saturday I told my friend Lora 1st that I was pregnant so that I could get some pictures of every ones responses. She was thrilled that she was going to be Aunt Lora. I next pulled Rick aside and gave him his gift bag. I think at first he was a little shocked but when it sank it he was thrilled. I next gave a gift bag to my mom in the kitchen where my family was kinda gathered getting the food ready for the party. My mom instantly started to cry when she opened the gift and my aunts where right there jumping for joy. I then gave Sharon and Doc there gifts - they were in the other room when all the kitchen stuff was happening. Sharon was first to open her gift and she had pulled out the oneies first and gave me a look like what is this for and then she pulled out the bib and finally realized what was going on. So needless to say that they were happy.

On July 12th the family went up on the mountain and I told the rest of my family and was able to show them the ultrasound picture. It was my great aunt's 85th birthday. It was really great to see all my family.

We went to my first ultrasound on July 9th and we were so happy that we were able to see a real strong heartbeat. I have been on seventh heaven since. our next appointment is on July 29th and again August 7th. I was 8 weeks yesterday. Only 7 more months to go.
Right now we are in Hatteras, NC and on a family vacation with Rick's family. Everyone will be arriving tomorrow and it will be nice to see everyone again.

Rick has been great this entire time pampering me and all. I am having to take it real easy and he has been awesome. For some reason I can't eat any food that I cook so Rick has been great about fixing me food and bringing me any food that I am craving and staving away with any foods that make me sick.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

8 weeks and 1 day...I'm so excited. I read your blog and I'm sitting here a crying. :) lol I'M SO HAPPY FOR YOU! I love you and miss you. Enjoy your vacation. I wish I was there! :)