Monday, May 12, 2008

My Top Ten Lists

So as I prepare to leave the island, I find myself thinking about what I will and will not miss about Grenada and what I love and hate about America. So here are my lists. They are in no way in order from what I like most to least and the other way around too. They are just what I thought of as I wrote this. We will be leaving Grenada on Wednesday and after many island hopping we will be touching down in Richmond that night. We are excited about coming home and hopefully our family and friends are as excited as we are to see them again. I can't wait till Sunday when my mom and family are throwing us a coming home party. Hopefully it warms up back there so we can hang out by the pool.


Top 10 things I will miss in Grenada.
1. The friends that I have made (even though most of them will not be here either)
2. The pools
3. The beaches
4. Fresh made smoothies
5. Passion Fruit, Mangoes, Sour Sop and Paw-Paw
6. Wishbone and Goldy (The compound dogs)
7. Prickley Bay Pizza's
8. Bananas Burger's
9. My cheap medicines
10. The sunsets

Top 10 things I will not miss in Grenada
1. The driving
2. How slow people are when they are not driving
3. The learners
4. Beef
5. How quickly fruit rots here
6. Pork
7. Chicken
8. Goats being in the road
9. Hissing and kissy sounds
10. The terrible condition of the roads

Top 10 things I love about America
1. Family
2. Friends
3. Convince and Abundance of everything
4. My god kids (Layla and Emma- I know that they are family, they are just so special that they get there own line. PS Thanks Tabatha and Drew for having us as godparents)
5. Beef and Turkey
6. Shopping
7. Fast Food and restaurants
8. Better roads
9.Can understand most people when they talk
10. Real doctors

Top 10 things I am not looking forward to in America
1. Gas Prices
2. Expensive
3. That after this summer I will not be back for 3 years
4. Airlines costs
5. Cost of my medicine
6. Cost of going to my doctors
7. The attitudes
8. The traffic
9. Missing birthdays and Christmas with friends and family
10. Having to deal with cops again (I guess I could slow down but that would be too easy)

1 comment:

Justin & Ashlee said...

I love it! Good job. They are all so true.