Sunday, March 30, 2008

One Busy Week

We have been pretty busy here lately. Not nearly as busy as I would be back in the states but busy for Grenada standards. This island is slow moving unless you are driving.
Let's see... last Saturday, Justin, Ashlee, Ricky and me went to The Aquarium where we had a SO (Significant Other's) gathering and lunch. It was large group of us who just got together to enjoy the beach. It turned out to be a real nice day even thought the waves were harsh. We even meet a new friend. On Tuesday, Ashlee, Katie and I went to St. George's for the afternoon. We hung out at the mall and had pizza and smoothies then I ended up getting two nice high velocity fans. Figures that when I finally breakdown to buy them that the weather would start to get nice again. We are in the dry season right now which is really dry hot heat. So not used to it. Lately it has been nice again with a wonderful morning rain that just cleans everything. Keeps the dust down from the rock quarry down the road.

On Wednesday, Ashlee and I went to the grocery store to get everything that we were going to need to cook with for the SO bake sale on Friday. Afterwards I took three of the vets students to look at a house at the bottom of our hill. They really liked the place and eventually signed a lease for the place.

On Thursday, Ashlee and I baked our goodies for Friday's bake sale. It took us a total of six hours!! We ended up baking snicker doodles, lemon bars, blueberry pound cake and a new specially that was a mix of snicker doodles with lemon centers. Smelled really good in the house. The boys and Peter from up stairs even came down to see what the good smell was.
On Friday, Ashlee and I had the SO Bake Sale. It is where we SO's get to make a little cash selling whatever they are good at. Some people bake food, others sale jewelry that they make and then the SO group sells T-Shirts and cook books. We had a pretty successful day up at upper bus stop and after the bake sale was over we went down to where the vet students have class. We had Ricky and Justin to go in there class and tell everyone that "the wives" were selling some homemade food. We ended up making about 50 more EC from them. At the end of the day we ended up selling 150EC of our goodies so we split it up and we both took home 75EC each. Ashlee came up with the name "Double A Bakery". Pretty good name right.
That night Pat, Michelle, Ricky and I went to Fish Friday in Guave with a large group of yatchies. It was a good time. We had some really great food and listened to some good music. Ricky even got me a necklace made of cinnamon, nutmeg and other spices. Aww so sweet!

Yesterday Ashlee, Michelle, Pat and I spent the day at La Sagest just soaking up the sun.
In the evening we had Nick and Matt from upstairs down for grilling. The boys ended up cooking a bunch of chicken wings and legs and a couple of "getto hamburgers". I kept to what I do best, which is baking, so I cooked some french fries. I guess the "getto hamburgers" might go with the "redneck beer coozy"Today I am having to play catch up around the house. Ricky is continuing to study. He is reading more than me for once. It shows in his grades though. He is gonna make a great vet someday. If he hasn't been studying this past week or going out with me he has been working on making a lobster pot. So far it is looking real good. What do you thnk?

1 comment:

Justin & Ashlee said...

I would say amen to a really busy week! Today me and Justin have done nothing at all and it has been lovely :) Love the post.